Rocca Federiciana-Prato Della Rocca
For its strategic position, San Miniato became part of the Swabian imperial defensive system since the 11th century. The tower -destroyed during the Second Wold War and built again on its former site in 1958 -represents the last vestige of Frederik's keep, heart of complex fortress. From the top of the tower, one can observe peculiar ribbon-like structure of the own, which develops along the main street on the ridge, where the exhibiting centres of the System of Museums are located.
credit Riccardo Taddei