The extended Museum System of San Miniato The extended Museum System of San Miniato

Conservatorio Di Santa Chiara- Via Roma

The ancient Nunnery of Santa Chiara was founded in the thirteenth century and had been occupied by a community of Clare up till Grand Duke Peter Leopald turn it in a convent school for young ladies in 1785. Te Nunnery preserves an important collection of works of art, among which we mention the touching painting representing Christ and Magdalene – an early work of Ludovico Cardi called Cigoli – and the embroidered works manufactured by the Nuns of the community.